Thursday, March 20, 2014

Noro Half Blanket

The last few days I've been trying to finish some knitting projects that have been sitting around half done for quite a while.  In the knitting world we call these UFOs, or Unfinished Objects.

I've been working on this half blanket for almost a year and a half now.  My concept for this project was to make a wrap that is a little bigger than a normal blanket, or a half blanket.  It's something that you can take to a game on a chilly day, or on the plane, or any other place that might be a little chilly.  It will keep you warm but it doesn't have the bulk of a regular blanket.

I used a brand of yarn called Noro, which is one of my very favorite brands, and is made in Japan.  It is 40% cotton, 30% silk, 15% wool, and 15% nylon.  This brand of yarns does a self-striping with beautiful colorways.  It's a yarn that feels heavy but is very comfortable too.

It is my own pattern, nothing simple just a seed stitch knitted in what ever length and knit that I thought would be a good length and width for a half blanket.

The yarn company's website is:  www.eisakunoro.com

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors of this half blanket. It's a nice size to take on a plane and I'm sure it will make the other passengers (who are using the gross airplane blankets) jealous!

    ReplyDelete