Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Socks For College

My oldest daughter will be heading for college in a year and a half and if she gets into the college of her choosing she will be moving from the hot, dry desert to the cold snowy mountains.  As a mother I'm going to miss her desperately but as a knitter I'm thrilled.  Finally, I get to knit lots of scarves, hats, socks, mittens, and cowls that someone will actually use!  It's hard to find people here in Arizona that can truly appreciate the gift of a knitted hat or scarf.

My first project is a pair of socks made with sock weight yarn that is 80% merino wool and 20% nylon.  I've finished the first sock and started the second sock.  Here are some pictures of my work in process.






2 comments:

  1. It depends on the beanie. Did you have any specific one in mind?

    ReplyDelete